$8.50 Flat Rate Shipping | Free In-Store Pickup
Prepping Your Quilt
Congratulations on completing your quilt top! For the best possible quilting results, please note the following:
We endeavor to return your quilt within 3-4 weeks. However, at peak times, quilting make take 6-8 weeks.
- Remove any embellishments from your quilt top prior to quilting (buttons, beads, loose ribbons, etc.). Pockets or shirt plackets on memory quilts should be tacked down.
- Trim excess threads on the back of your quilt top, particularly bright threads that might show through lighter fabric on the quilt top and backing.
- Consider adding a stay stitch (1/8” from edge) along the sides to keep horizontal seams from pulling apart at the edges.
- Carefully check for and repair frayed or popped seams.
- Thoroughly press your quilt top ensuring that all seams are flat (pressed open or to one side) to help avoid puckers or thread breakage.
- Do not pin or spray baste. Your quilt will be loaded onto the longarm in three different pieces.
- If you plan to add a scalloped edge to your quilt, please wait until after quilting.
- You may provide the quilt batting or purchase it from our shop. We highly recommend Warm & Natural or Warm & White or a comparable batting of at least 80% cotton.
- Your batting should measure 8-10” longer and wider than your quilt top.
- Your quilt backing should be 8-10” longer and wider than the quilt top and made of cotton quilting fabric. (No denim or minkee products please.)
- Backing fabric should be pressed, and any seams should be pressed open or to the side.